Houston Astros Baseball

A HOUSTON ASTROS BLOG

Oh My Sampson! Astros Sweep!!!

Written by Baqqs on 5:02 PM




Chris Sampson had one of his most important starts of his career. A bad start may have meant a demotion to the bullpen or a trip to AAA. So how did Sampson respond? With seven scoreless innings highlighted by giving up just 3 hits on the night! Sampson surely cemented his position in this rotation and Cooper was rewarded by sticking with the pitcher he considered The Astros second best starter last year when he was healthy.

The Astros continued to win 5-0, clinching a series win.

Astros Sweep!

Japanese import Hiroki Kuroda made his presence known to The Astros as he no-hit the powerful offense for just over six innings. Unfortunately for Kuroda, The Astros rallied against The Dodger bullpen to score a total of 8 runs. Just about everyone is the lineup hit, including Brad Ausmus who came through in a big way with a 2 run single to keep the inning alive. Silly me, I was yelling at the TV to bunt. Also, Michael Bourn made a ridiculous catch in the bottom of the ninth to hold off the surging Dodgers. That catch better be a web gem!

The Lowlights

In the 8th inning, The Astros rallied for 6 runs. the bad news is that on a Hunter Pence RBI single to center, Lance Berkman came into home expecting a play at the plate. To his surprise the incoming ball hit the pitchers mound and was thrown into the air. Lance had no idea and continued to slide into home expecting a confrontation. The slide was an awkward one, and Lance got up looking to be some serious pain. He was able to walk away on his own but clearly hurt something. In my opinion I think he hurt his knee. His slide kind of stuck his knee under his leg and may have been jammed or over-extended in some way. From the way Lance got up and grabbed his head, I imagined him saying "Oh my god, what did I do?" I could be way off, and maybe he just cut his arm, and I hope that's the case. However, Lance didn't come back into the game and left all us Astros fans wondering. If Lance is hurt, this season just got ALOT harder. I can't imagine a scenario with Lance where we win the division. Let's all hope he is ok!



Astros 2008 Schedule

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
  1. 0 comments: Responses to “ Oh My Sampson! Astros Sweep!!! ”